[kde-freebsd] virtualbox file dialog problem

Greg Rivers gcr+kde-freebsd at tharned.org
Thu Jul 18 00:25:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> I run virtualbox in KDE environment.  A while ago (can't say exactly
> when) I started to have a problem where any file opening dialog would
> fail with this message: "Cannot talk to klauncher: Not connected to
> D-Bus server"
>
> I found that setting KDE_FORK_SLAVES=1 in environment works around the
> problem.
> [snip]

I reported this same problem in this[1] thread on freebsd-ports at .  In that
post I provided a link to a similar report for KDE on openSUSE that
required a dbus patch to fix.

I'm guessing that either the latest versions of VirtualBox have a bug in
their dbus interface, or the version of dbus we have needs to be updated.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-July/084783.html

--
Greg Rivers