[kde-freebsd] py-qt4 python3 correction

Yarin yarin at warpmail.net
Fri Jul 5 20:10:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

Your port (devel/py-qt4) failed to compile on my machine (FreeBSD 9.1-4
generic), due to some of your files not being Python 3 compatible.

I located the problem files, during the compilation to be at:
/usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-core/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.9.1/pyuic/uic/port_v2/load_plugin.py
/usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-core/work/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.9.1/pyuic/uic/port_v2/invoke.py

They have Python 2 style exception handlers. Changing them to Python 3 style
was very straightforward, after which py-qt4 compiled and installed fine.

Apologies if I am sending this to the wrong persons
(FreshPorts directed me to this address).
Thanks,
Yarin