[kde-freebsd] svn commit: r322191 - in head: Mk accessibility/jovie accessibility/kaccessible accessibility/kmag accessibility/kmousetool accessibility/kmouth arabic/kde4-l10n archivers/ark astro/kstars astro/ma...

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 4 23:28:53 UTC 2013

Alberto Villa <avilla at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
> <rakuco at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> Is a full rebuild of kdelibs dependent ports required for Clang users?
>>> Should that be the case, a note in UPDATING would be due.
>>
>> Do you mean for other ports that were not updated in this commit?
>
> Exactly.

How about the following:

20130705:
  AFFECTS: users of KDE SC 4
  AUTHOR: kde at FreeBSD.org

  The KDE Software Compilation 4.10.4 was committed a few days ago, and
  version 4.10.5 was committed today. They include better support for using
  clang as the compiler, but that requires recompiling all KDE ports which
  depend on x11/kdelibs4. Most ports which fall into this category are
  already part of the KDE Software Compilation and have been updated to
  version 4.10.5, but those released separately need to be rebuilt manually.

  If you are building your KDE ports with clang, doing the following is
  recommended:

  # portmaster -r kdelibs4
    or
  # portupgrade -fr x11/kdelibs4
    or
  # pkg install -fR x11/kdelibs4

I've copy-pasted the portmaster/portupgrade/pkg commands from the FLAC
note, so I'm not sure they're right for this.

And I still don't know if that's the most efficient way to make
everything work (especially given that I'm going to commit this after
4.10.5, so people may have already built a lot of KDE ports when they
read they're supposed to rebuild everything that depends on kdelibs4).
Do you have better ideas?