[kde-freebsd] security/qca-ossl needs patching on HEAD

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 26 19:32:04 UTC 2013

Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013, at 03:42 AM, Alberto Villa wrote:
>> On Thursday 24 January 2013 02:18:02 Schaich Alonso wrote:
>> > It was reported earlier today on #kde-freebsd at chat.freenode.net that
>> > net-im/kopete-kde4 from the area51 repository cannot, when running on
>> > systems with OpenSSL-1.0.1, connect to  jabber servers unless
>> > security/qca-ossl is (further) patched. I tried the patch provided on
>> > 9.1 and it doesn't break jabber when using OpenSSL-0.9.8x.
>>
>> I confirm that on 10.0-CURRENT r242271 the patch marks the difference
>> between broken and working GTalk. Can you commit it to area51? Add a
>> "Submitted by:" line if you're not the author of the patch; a
>> PORTREVISION bump is needed, too.
>
> I think security/qca-ossl is not part of area51 (was removed in r4143).

That's not really a problem, we sometimes remove directories when
they're not useful in area51 anymore. Feel free to add it back.

In any case, shouldn't this go straight to the ports tree?