[kde-freebsd] Question about KDE4's prefix when KDE3 deleted.

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 3 14:56:53 UTC 2013

Hi Jeremy,

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:06:48 -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> I am wondering if KDE4's prefix (${LOCALBASE}/kde4) will be changed
> when you delete the KDE3? I am a big fan of hier(7), so wondering
> about it.

It can be changed to LOCALBASE any time, but  KDE 3 and KDE 4 ports
start conflict with each other. There was not much pressure on us to make
this step, but since KDE3 has been mark as deprecated we may consider it.

For the meantime you can redefine KDE4_PREFIX in make.conf and rebuild
all ports, that depends on kdehier-4.

> BTW: Please add me in CC as I ain't in this list.

Max