[kde-freebsd] Updating KDE

Bengt Ahlgren bengta at sics.se
Mon Feb 11 09:53:26 UTC 2013

Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> writes:

> I just updated to KDE Version 4.9.5 as described in the UPDATING file.
> KDE starts; however, all of my desktop icon and shortcuts are gone.
> What could have happened to them? Also, the <ALT> <TAB> key
> combination no longer functions.

Had a similar experience - many system icons were gone, and the logout
popup never showed up, so I had some trouble shutting down...

I simply pkg_delete:d all my ports (cleaning /usr/local of stale files)
and reinstalled from scratch.  It was time for that anyway after
updating regularly (with portmaster) since about half a year.

(And, yes, I did follow the instructions in UPDATING)

Bengt