[kde-freebsd] 4.9.5

Daniel Stolpe stolpe at bombadil.se
Sun Feb 10 21:18:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

I upgraded to kde-4.9.5 this friday and ran into some problems.

The only package that did not want to build was kopete so I thought: well,
lets just remove kopete from preferences and move on (in order for
kdenetwork to build).

Then I thought about switching from kdepim-4.4 to kdepim-4.9.5 and
everything compiled.

The problem now is encrypted network stuff won't work now. Kmail does not
fetch mail. Korganizer does not sync remote calenadars. Konqueror behaves
very strange on HTTPS sites etc.

I switched back do kdepim-4.4 and see no difference.

I cannot say for sure this is a KDE problem but at least Firefox and
Chromium works fine with HTTPS.

I'm sorry for beeing so obscure here but I don't really know where my
problem is.

I've tried kicking Akonadi a few times (rebuilding the database from
scratch) but no difference. I also created a completly new user so as not
to disturb something with my old .kde4 directory.

I'd be very much obliged for some helpful tips here.

Daniel Stolpe           	stolpe at bombadil.se