[kde-freebsd] [patch] x11-toolkits/qt4-gui: configure error: Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Sat Aug 31 13:31:38 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've examined the following error (486 ports affected):
http://pb2.nyi.freebsd.org/bulk/nogcc-default/2013-08-30_22h26m46s/logs/errors/qt4-gui-4.8.4.log

... and it appeared to be a result of latest iconv changes at FreeBSD.

While configuring some tests to detect cups are run. Here is the cmake
project file which fails (WRKSRC/config.tests/unix/cups/cups.pro):
-----
SOURCES = cups.cpp
CONFIG -= qt dylib
mac:CONFIG -= app_bundle
LIBS += -lcups
-----

Changing the last line to "LIBS += -lcups -liconv" makes the test
proceed. And the whole build succeeds.

Since almost 500 ports depends upon this one I think that the patch
should be committed ASAP (maintainer CCed). Please keep in mind,
that only a _test_ case is changed, the whole build/install process
is untouched.

On a side note: this error appears only at poudriere's builds,
tinderbox does not catch it (redports tested at 10-amd64 built
today).

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve