[kde-freebsd] devel/smokekde

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 13 05:48:14 UTC 2013

Hello

devel/smokekde seems to use the -fno-exceptions compiler switch to disable
C++ exceptions, while at the same time it refers to some inline code of
akonadi that uses exceptions
(${KDEPREFIX}/include/akonadi/itempayloadinternals_p.h:164 for example),
which therefore fails to build. The way I see it we can either remove the
-fno-exception flag and eventually have an exception be thrown into non-C++
code (undefined behaviour), or remove akonadi wrapper generation from
smokekde, which eventually will become troublesome if some smokekde consumer
(other ports or other parts of smokekde as well) attempts to use it.

Both ways seem poor to me.

Alonso