[kde-freebsd] Upcoming KDE release

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Aug 12 21:26:19 UTC 2013

On Monday, August 12, 2013 11:23:27 AM Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> That said, I'd really appreciate if more people can test 4.11.0: I've
> been running KDE from git master, and I keep getting crashes in many
> different places, especially kwin and plasma-desktop, but I haven't had
> time to debug them yet. I'm still not sure if they're -CURRENT and/or
> libc++ specific so far.

OK, I'll give it a shot (in a VM). I've taken a look at the area51 info,
http://freebsd.kde.org/area51.php , but I'd like to double-check the
procedures: I have a 9.1-stable installation, UFS filesystems, pkg(8) for
package management and twm working as a fallback for X, but then:

1. svn revert -R /usr/ports ; svn up /usr/ports (update the one)
2. svn up area51 (update the other)
3. pkg delete -R -g qt4\* strigi soprano (to clean up)
4. kdemerge
5. cd /usr/ports/kde4/kde4-workspace ; make && make install

Perhaps I need to build kde4-baseapps as well.

Er .. and of course the distfiles for 4.11 are still embargoed, so there's not
much point in me trying to get them yet. Drat.

[ade]