[kde-freebsd] kde4 desktop freezes when the button "kill process" is pressed when some window is frozen

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Aug 8 20:25:46 UTC 2013

This happened many times.
When some X app freezes and its window stays defunct, pressing its
"Close" button causes the popup saying "KWin: application not responding
... etc". When I press kill process, the whole desktop freezes and X
server needs to be killed and restarted at this point.

On the side note, Ctrl-Alt-FN also doesn't work in such state.
Ctrl-Alt-FN should always work, as this could provide a remedy for such
freeze. Currently, I have to have another host to connect from to kill Xorg.

Yuri