[kde-freebsd] KDE3 && qt33 in ports

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Apr 9 14:25:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm still an active user of KDE3, compiling from ports, at the moment
from SVN r315646; the ports Makefile say that the port will be removed
as of July 1st 2013 which would let me w/o my desktop. I will not switch
to KDE4 because this is an overkill for my FreeBSD netbook (EeePC 900)
and I do not need all this plasma and other coloured stuff.

Is it really so hard to keep KDE3 and qt33 in the ports tree and just
adjust from time to time, if required, some dependencies? As I said, at
the moment it is just compiling fine with 'make install BATCH=yes' in
ports/x11/kde3. If there is helping hand required, I could do so if this
fits with my knowledge.

Please let us keep KDE3 / qt33 in the ports. Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail