[kde-freebsd] Qt 5

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 22 18:41:32 UTC 2012

I've moved discussion to kde-freebsd maillist.

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:58:05 +0100, Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > In my tests -fast makes configure step a lot slower. I'll keep checking.
>
> Qt 4 and Qt 5 are a bit different on this. I think I got to the best
> possible solution: run configure without -fast (which just creates
> stub Makefiles for examples, tests, and similar) and then run QMake
> (recursively, so no QMake is invoken in build stage) in BUILD_WRKSRC;
> it results in a much faster configure stage compared to Qt 4.
Great!

> I also wonder what you'd like to include in the moc+uic... port. The
> src/tools/ directory contains moc, uic, rcc, qdoc, qdbuscpp2xml and
> qdbusxml2cpp.
Only those which are frequently used together and don't have any dependency on qt libraries: moc, uic, rcc are good candidates.

> I would avoid a qt5-tools with all of them as it would
> uselessly depend on D-Bus; maybe a qt5-buildtools with moc, uic and
> rcc, and a qt5-qdoc for qdoc only?
yes, sounds good.

> Also, I see that we don't have a
> port for qdbus*2*; should we make one?
I suppose yes, although nobody complains about lack of them.

> In the process, I'm removing as most hacks as possible; more on this
> when I commit something worth to see (tonight, probably). Qt 4 will be
> broken for a while, as I'll try to backport some of the improvements.
wouldn't qt.mk be overloaded bearing both qt4 and qt5? You could start
with new file for qt5, we'll merge them later or backport changes to qt4.

Max