[kde-freebsd] Akonadi/mysqld problems

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Wed May 30 20:08:29 UTC 2012

Done some further digging:

It appears that something is going on with the db connections between
mysqld and akonadi. The net_read_timeout value is being invoked,
somehow. Basically, under the default value, 30, 30 seconds after you
start up akonadi mysqld kills all the connections. Akonadi expects
persistent connections... the conf file it uses resets wait_timeout to 1
year.

I'm currently experimenting with changing net_read_timeout, although
obviously this is a hack fix. I've set it to 1 hr. We'll see how that goes.

Couple of other things:
When akonadi sets up its database, it doesn't create the mysql system
database. This creates a bunch of errors when mysqld starts up. It may
not do any actual harm, though. On linux the mysql system database is
installed.

The reset of wait_timeout to 1 year seems to be ignored. On my system
it stays at the default 8 hrs.

Cheers,
DMK