[kde-freebsd] Display Problems in 4.8.3 on FreeBSD 8.3 stable

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 30 01:07:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM, David Booth <davidb at boothscientific.com> wrote:
> I follwed the qt4-gui/pkg-message and tried up to 4096 for both
> kern.ipc.shmmni and kern.ipc.shmseg and these did not help. Bumping up
> kern.ipc.shmall fixed it, so this seems to be a separate issue. Perhaps this
> should be documented in UPDATING?

You're on FreeBSD 8, right? Luca found that shmall limit is much lower
on that version. I'll add a minimum limit to qt4-gui/pkg-message as
soon as we are able to determine a safe one (Luca seems to have an
idea of it).
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla