[kde-freebsd] Kmail 4.8.3 problem

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Tue May 29 18:46:02 UTC 2012

On May 29, 2012 02:27:00 PM Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk at ncf.ca> writes:
> > I configured kmail with my IMAP account, and here's where I ran into
> > problems. Although everything appears fine with the account, it doesn't
> > show up in the Folder panel. All that's there is the Local Folders.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Is the IMAP agent active and enabled?

Yes, it is.

I was about to write an update on this. After starting and restarting kmail a
number of times, (including logging out of KDE entirely at least twice) the
folders magically appeared, and I could access my email. Some of the time.

It seems that IMAP under kmail2 is not terribly stable. It will work ok, but
then it will refuse to download a message.

I'm not terribly impressed. I've downgraded to the kdepim44 ports for the time
being while I decide whether it's worth it or not.

Cheers,
DMK