[kde-freebsd] kde 4.8

Daniel Stolpe stolpe at bombadil.se
Sun May 27 18:13:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, 26 May 2012, Marco Beishuizen wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012, the wise ajtiM wrote:
>
>> use portmaster for KDE 4.8 updtae and it stopped:
>>
>> The devel/kdebindings4-python port has been deleted: kdebindings ports have
>> been refactored.
>>
>> What do I need to do, please?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Please read /usr/ports/UPDATING.

I read the hints there and afte a few iterations of "portupgrade -O -ra" I
got everything to build. However, when I start kde X crashes after a short
while. I renamed my .kde4 since old settings is a well known problem on
updating but even then this happens.

It seems that kde applications lika konqueror and korganizer works but if
I try starting i.e. firefox or thunderbird X crashes and I get a huge
Xorg.core dump.

Anyone who has seen this problem? Any hints?

Daniel Stolpe           	stolpe at bombadil.se