[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/x11/kdelibs4

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Tue May 15 23:23:55 UTC 2012

Alberto Villa <avilla at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> This is not orthogonal. The problem is that kdelibs and
> shared-mime-info have conflicting files in plist. Those files should
> not be there, imho, because we shouldn't list in plist files in
> share/mime/* other than those in share/mime/packages, and then have
> update-mime-database create the other .xml files. I do just like that
> in kdenlive:

OK, I see that we were talking about different parts of Dima's patch.

It looks like we should do what other projects also do, and not keep
track of those entries in /usr/local/share/mime/{applications,...}:

 * shared-mime-info itself should be run with --disable-update-mimedb
 * kdelibs4 should patch mimetypes/CMakeLists.txt and disable the call
   to update-mime-database there, and run it in post-install.

This way, there are no conflicting files registered in the plists. BTW,
if mimetypes/CMakeLists.txt is patched, I believe we can get rid of this
patch before the rest of the infrastructure work.