[kde-freebsd] ports/165213: devel/cmake: Reinplacement of paths in Modules is bad

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Sun May 6 09:20:13 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/165213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Titus von Boxberg <titus at v9g.de>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/165213: devel/cmake: Reinplacement of paths in Modules is bad
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 11:13:34 +0200

 Well, without this patch, it is already crippled/broken...

 The regexes in the patch make the right replacement for every unquoted
 occurence of the path.

 The replacement will surely break when a path to be replaced is enclosed in quotes,
 e.g. xxx(... "/usr/X11R6/..." ...)

 However, afaics these are not present in the files being searched.
 If you want to disable this explicitely then you might add quotes
 in the third subexpression of the search regex ([^/A-Za-z0-9_$$-])
 so these expressions do not get matched.

 For a minimal and clean solution, I'm wondering why it
 would not suffice to include ${LOCALBASE}
 (or replace /usr/local by ${LOCALBASE})
 in CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH in UnixPaths.cmake ?

 And for KDE4, I don't quite get why the replacement is made.
 On my system, KDE4 is installed directly in LOCALBASE, so should
 get found with the regular SYSTEM_PREFIX paths?

 If you could point me to the problem(s) that the original sed replacements
 are intended to solve I could dig around to see if a cleaner solution is possible.