[kde-freebsd] app launcher menu

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Wed Mar 28 19:01:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, March 27, 2012 16:16, JoaoBR wrote:

> On Tue, March 27, 2012 09:58, Max Brazhnikov wrote:

>>> I did this in any thinkable combination ...
>>>
>> You can wipe out plasma settings by removing
>> ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma*rc  files (logout from kde session at
>> first).
>>

>>> but what you are saying is, it should be natching the desktop theme
>>> look? The only appearance I can change are the colors ...
>>>

>>> I have no panel theme settings anywhere, I have panel background as
>>> part of desktop theme details
>> yes, that's what I've meant.
>>

> in fact I put away the entire .kde4 directory already, no matter what I do
> the kickoff panel stays there as flat thing with corny corners ...
>
> even changing the theme kickoff sub theme does not change a thing
>
> transparency settings from desktop effects sub item transparency is
> accepted
>
> all other plasma applets apparently are coming up fine with rounded
> corners and background accordingly to the chosen theme

to whom might be interested ...

appears that the look of the kickoff panel (menu launcher) depends on the
Windows Style, not the theme settings or anything else ... actually only
the Oxygen Style provides a nice looking menu - but under the cost of
having this ugly freaky monster sized radio buttons and Checkboxes
everywhere

any other Style brings up an old looking flat 4 corner panel what is
exactly as in kde 3.5

thanks to whom tried to help !

--

João Martins (JoaoBR)