[kde-freebsd] [CFT] kde-games fix for (invalid shared segment parameter)

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 9 13:01:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
> It might fix Qt 4.7 maybe, but Qt 4.8 switched to raster graphics
> system by default, and thus relies heavily on shared memory. With or
> without the patches (I even tried forcing deletion of memory segments)
> the size of used shared memory ries quickly (with one KDE activity i
> have ~70 segments used, with two they are ~130), and the problem is
> back again. Even with kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=1 and some kern.ipc
> limits increased.

By the way, I started Marble a while ago, and closed it almost
immediately. Its memory segments are still alive. Is this really
expected?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla