[kde-freebsd] Akonadi/mysqld problems

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 18 08:46:33 UTC 2012

On Monday 18 June 2012 05:35:01 joaoBR wrote:
> it does not hurt indicating which to use then, right, or better,
> providing the cmd as full sh cmd for who do not know about shell

Thanks for your opinion, I'll think about it.

> after executing the rm .local/share/akonadi cmd "all resources" are
> gone, kmail starts but accuses missing resources and bails out
>
> after I found out what this glorious err msg means I created the local
> base directory for kmail and I could start kmail

This should not happen; the Local Folders resource should be created
automatically. Nothing we can do much about, unfortunately.

> still then it is not working since all other "resources" are also
> totally mixed up, so it is necessary go back into each Identity and set
> manually again all folders for Sent/Draft/Templates and also the each
> Account's Trash Folder again .
>
> when done so every single file in the user dir on the mail server
> appears and it is necessary limiting with local subscriptions

Yes, this is expected, that's why I defined the `rm` instruction as an
alternative. I'll add to UPDATING that it will require some reconfiguration.

> after that step it appears fine, but after deleting the first message,
> what again takes a while, after next msg fetch interval every deleted
> and/or moved message re-appears in Inbox

Never happened to me. Again, not in our domain.

> then I found out about the most wired thing, alias inacceptable, the
> Akonadi resources are running in the background constantly syncing the
> mailboxes even if Kmail is closed, that must be a joke, but a very bad
> one, independent of my opinion about this, the process seems to block
> other imap operations, so even if it moves or deletes the message
> (because it does) it reappears after a while

There is a checkbox in KMail which let's you shutdown the resource when KMail
exits. I agree that maybe it should be ticked by default. Maybe.

> that is all I can help you because I need access to my mail email from
> different computers constantly and can not having kmail2/Akonadi fucking
> around with my email, so I removed the resources and will not use it anymore

That was enough, thank you. Luckily, you can still use KDE-Pim 4.4.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Noone ever built a statue to a critic.