[kde-freebsd] Akonadi/mysqld problems

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Thu Jun 14 14:55:54 UTC 2012

On June 14, 2012 04:04:51 PM Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Thursday 14 June 2012 09:58:57 Dwayne MacKinnon wrote:
> > It didn't help me at all. I changed the value, commented out my
> > net_read_timeout (to force the 30 second default) and started
KDE.
> > After a few minutes doing other stuff, I went to check my email.
> > Wouldn't work.
>
> Perfect. Now try 2147483.
>
> Out of curiosity, what FreeBSD version are you running?

Hi Alberto,

2147483 seems to work quite nicely. I did the same thing... changed
the value, put net_read_timeout back to default, and started KDE. After
a few minutes I fired up kmail. Success! On both boxes, which are
running 9.0-RELEASE (i386 & amd64.)

I think 2147483 is a winner. I'll keep an eye on things for the next while.
Given that it's ~25 days, it should work out ok.

Cheers,
DMK