[kde-freebsd] kde4 related bug

Cameron Berkenpas cam at neo-zeon.de
Sun Jun 10 17:20:54 UTC 2012

Hmmm...

In the case of KDE on linux (kubuntu), not having the executable flag
set results in KDE asking if you really want to run the program, and if
you press the continue button, the program actually runs and the
exclamation point is removed.

In FreeBSD, KDE gives you the same warning, but if you decide to still
run the program, it strangely tries to run the binary directly from your
home directory, ie "/home/username/pidgin". This of course fails and the
exclamation point is never removed either (and the executable flag is
never set).

Let me know if you'd like a screenshot of the error.

-Cameron