[kde-freebsd] "undefined reference to `KVersionControlPlugin2::staticMetaObject'" in kde4-baseapps port

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 24 21:26:44 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 07:04:12 AM Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> On 25/07/2012 00:08, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > Graham Menhennitt <graham at menhennitt.com.au> writes:
> >> The output of "CMAKE_VERBOSE=1 make" is at
> >> http://menhennitt.com.au/typescript.bz2
> >>
> >> "make config" shows that I have Konsole enable and KWrite disabled.
> >
> > Hmm, there's nothing weird apart from us having libkonq in a separate
> > port and it thus not having its full path passed to the linker.
> >
> > Do you have any other libkonq.so around, perhaps in /usr/local/lib?
> >
> > Can you post the output of `nm -AC /usr/local/kde4/lib/libkonq.so | grep
> > KVersionControlPlugin2'?
>
> % find / -name libkonq.so
> /usr/local/kde4/lib/libkonq.so
> /usr/ports/x11/kde4-baseapps/work/kde-baseapps-4.8.4/build/lib/libkonq.so
> % nm -AC /usr/local/kde4/lib/libkonq.so | grep KVersionControlPlugin2
> nm: /usr/local/kde4/lib/libkonq.so: no symbols
> %

Hmm, this is weird. Someone else has reported the same problem [1], but in his
case there was a dangling libkonq.so in /usr/local/lib.

Per [2], can you confirm you have followed the update procedures described in
the 20120525 entry in UPDATING?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.freebsd/21894
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.freebsd/21901