[kde-freebsd] How to remove erroneous deps from pkgng

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 23 13:31:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 04:37:08 +0300 Kimmo Paasiala wrote:
> Looking at the bsd.kde4.mk it looks like there's not much logic to
> detect the "right" kind of dependency. It seems to use suffixes _build
> and _run to achieve the same effect as pkgconfig:build and
> pkgconfig:run would have.
Right.

> It defaults to both build and run dependency
> if no type is specified.
This is not correct. For example, USE_KDE4= automoc4 (without any suffix) will
bring BUILD only dependency on devel/automoc4. The great majority ports don't
need ever possibility to run depend on build tools like automoc4, but kde4.mk
still provides it (the only consumer if automoc4_run can be IDE, I suppose).

The way USE_KDE4 is implemented allows to minimize the use of suffixes, that's
the right way in my understanding.

Max