[kde-freebsd] self missconfiguration of "Use slow keys"

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Feb 29 06:23:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

My wife is running in her laptop FreeBSD 9-CURRENT r214444 and KDE
3.5.10.

Yesterday, while typing a mail in firefox, she encountered the problem
that any key stroke only showed up after pressing the key for half a
second or so, and this in any used application (only on alpha console
all was fine); it took me some time to realise that in

Control Center --> Regional&Accessibility --> Accessibility
in the tab 'Keyboard Filters' the option 'Use slow keys' was enabled;

and this of course without any intention and, as she explained, the
problem occurred from one moment to the other;

after un-checking this option box all was fine again;

any ideas what could have caused this?

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211