[kde-freebsd] qt-4.8.4

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 16 18:49:42 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-15 (Saturday) 19:16:52 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Schaich Alonso
>
> <alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > I have upgraded area51's qt ports to qt-4.8.4 (which was rather easy). The
> > svn diff to the QT subpath of the area51 repository is attached.
> >
> > Works on HEAD and STABLE-9. Could someone review and commit it to area51?
> > ^-^
> I'd like to first merge back Qt 5 changes, which I should be able to
> do quite soon. Thanks for your patch.
> --
> Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla at FreeBSD.org>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Hello again,

I went ahead and built x11/kde4 on CURRENT with clang. The modifications I had
to do are attached, basically it's:

(1) Fix a nepomuk-core testcase

(2) Fix + workaround the recent cyrus-sasl update that broke kdepimlibs (seems
to have been fixed on ports but not area51)

(3) make xine dependency optional in kde4-runtime (because it's useless if
phonon-xine is not used)

I'm sorry I can't be of help at Qt5 but I could try updating kde to 4.9.4 or a
4.10 beta.

Any chances that kde-4.10 will work with qt-5?