[kde-freebsd] Qt 5

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 10 12:24:39 UTC 2012

rc1 brings some changes to the installation layout. Most notable ones:
versioned libraries and pkg-config files, and sandboxed binaries. A
wrapper will be released to be installed in bin/, and will wrap all Qt
3-5 user binaries (not those in libexec/, then).
I've tried to stick to the default configuration (except for
libexecdir, which would be lib/qt5/libexec/), but I'd like you guys to
review it. If anyone is aware of a better place for -bindir than
lib/qt5/bin/, please tell me; bin/qt5/ puts "qt5" in shell completion,
otherwise would be nice.

-prefix /usr/local  -bindir /usr/local/lib/qt5/bin  -headerdir
/usr/local/include/qt5  -libdir /usr/local/lib  -plugindir
/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins  -importdir /usr/local/lib/qt5/imports
-datadir /usr/local/share/qt5  -docdir /usr/local/share/doc/qt5
-translationdir /usr/local/share/qt5/translations  -sysconfdir
/usr/local/etc/xdg  -archdatadir /usr/local/lib/qt5  -libexecdir
/usr/local/libexec/qt5  -qmldir /usr/local/lib/qt5/qml  -examplesdir
/usr/local/share/examples/qt5  -testsdir /usr/local/share/qt5/tests

As a side note, mkspecs are now installed into lib/qt5/mkspecs/. I'm
not very happy with this, so I've thought about changing archdatadir
to be the same as datadir, but I think it's better to adhere to Qt
defaults here. Comments welcome.

To make easier to change this paths, plists will be using only QT_* variables.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla