[kde-freebsd] fresh install of kde4 fails -> japanese/kiten

Jim Pazarena fports at paz.bz
Tue Aug 28 18:44:05 UTC 2012

Alberto Villa wrote, On 2012-08-28 3:31 AM:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Jim Pazarena <fports at paz.bz> wrote:
>>> Can you show the output of `make -C /usr/ports/japanese/kiten -V
>>> USE_BZIP2`, please?
>>>

>> it replies with one word only:
>>
>> yes
>
> Please, keep kde@ CCed.
>
> Can you paste (http://pastebin.com) /usr/ports/japanese/kiten/Makefile
> and /etc/make.conf, please? You have USE_BZIP2 defined somewhere,
> while it shouldn't be.

I will be delayed with this response, as I elected to try a "re-install"
(fresh) once again. But this time erasing all my pre-fetched port
binaries, letting the system re-download them, and performing a kde4
install first before anything else, letting the kde4 install fetch
all dependencies fresh.

One thing I noticed immediately is that kde4 forced a perl 5.14,
where *I* had pre-installed 5.12 before the kde install. Not sure
if that matters or not.

But that install failed as well (paraphrase):

gtk-2.24.6_2: Needs cairo built with X11 support
Stop in x11-toolkits/gtk20

So this indicates (to me) that a dependency which caused cairo to
be built, missed the X11 option.

I will continue until I can get the response you have requested above.