[kde-freebsd] net/qt4-network vs libssl/libcrypto

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 16 22:49:54 UTC 2012

I think it's time to take care of this issue.

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> wrote:
> In fact I can confirm that changing definition of SHLIB_VERSION_NUMBER in the
> port's opensslv.h to "7" fixes the qt4-network issue for me (with run-time

Thanks for the analisys. I checked qt4-network and I think that
changing SHLIB_VERSION_NUMBER would be the best solution, just like
you said. Another fix could be moving /usr/local/lib up in the queue
of checked paths, but it wouldn't be perfect, as the loaded library
should actually depend on which *.h files are loaded (and so, it
should only depend on cc's -I arguments). I wonder if changing
SHLIB_VERSION_NUMBER would affect any other behaviour in any other
port, though. Maybe we could just add soft links for libssl and
libcrypto with SHLIB_VERSION_NUMBER version? Or define another value
in opensslv.h and use it exclusively in qt4-network (not my favourite
option)?

Dirk: do you have an opinion on this?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla