[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] branches/kde-4.9/PORTS/devel

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 11 07:36:47 UTC 2012

SVN commit 8509 by rakuco:

All hail devel/xsd, and say goodbye to its dependencies.

After working on these ports a lot for the past few days, I now think it is
better to build xsd's dependencies (libcult, libfrontend-elements,
libbackend-elements and libxsd-frontend) from the bundled copies in the
tarball.

 - The build system used by all those ports is very weird and a PITA to use and
   work around, so the less ports we have around using it, the better for
   everyone's sanity.
 - libcult, which is the base for all the others, duplicates a lot of STL
   containers, and they fail in various ways when C++11 (and optionally libc++)
   is used, so it makes more sense not to create a port for it and risk having
   to keep it around for a long time. Even upstream is not using it anymore in
   xsd v4 in git.
 - It is possible to see by the amount of patches in files/ that we need to
   work around many C++ compatibility problems with C++ and/or clang. I'd
   rather not have to maintain separate ports with those many hacks around.

In other words, building the dependency libraries only for xsd to consume and
not installing them limits the problems they can cause, and nobody else in
their sane mind should use those except xsd itself.

I've verified it works with base gcc, clang and clang+libc++. Now, on to
libkolab and libkolabxml...

 D             libbackend-elements (directory)
 D             libcult (directory)
 D             libfrontend-elements (directory)
 D             libxsd-frontend (directory)
 A             xsd (directory)
 AM            xsd/Makefile
 AM            xsd/distinfo
 A             xsd/files (directory)
 AM            xsd/files/patch-build-0.3__m4__m4.make
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libbackend-elements__backend-elements__indentation__cxx.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libcult__cli__file-arguments.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libcult__cli__mapper.hxx.m4
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libcult__containers__graph.txx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libcult__cult__mm__bits__evptr.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libcult__cult__mm__static-ptr.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libfrontend-elements__frontend-elements__context.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libxsd-frontend__xsd-frontend__semantic-graph__elements.cxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libxsd-frontend__xsd-frontend__semantic-graph__elements.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-libxsd-frontend__xsd-frontend__semantic-graph__schema.hxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__documentation__makefile
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__documentation__xsd.1
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__documentation__xsd.xhtml
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__libxsd__makefile
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__makefile
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__xsd__cxx__elements.cxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__xsd__cxx__parser__generator.cxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__xsd__cxx__parser__state-processor.cxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__xsd__cxx__tree__generator.cxx
 AM            xsd/files/patch-xsd__xsd__makefile
 AM            xsd/pkg-descr
 AM            xsd/pkg-plist