[kde-freebsd] kde 4.8

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 29 18:38:14 UTC 2012

Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk at ncf.ca> writes:

> The team has been pretty busy, and in addition, they didn't want to commit 4.8
> before FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE came out. I think there are plans to release 4.8.2
> in the near future, but I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable then I am
> will be along shortly.
>
> Cheers,
> DMK
>
> On April 29, 2012 12:02:51 PM ajtiM wrote:
>> Just a curiosity...are there problems with KDE 4.8 on FreeBSD, please? I am
>> using on Linux version 4.8 from January...

It's mostly what Dwayne said -- there have been two ports tree freezes
lately (one for 9.0 and another one for 8.3), and right now we're
waiting for the exp-run makc@ requested a while ago.

Some people have been having problems with QtDBus and -CURRENT too, but
it's still unclear whether the problem is on our side.