[kde-freebsd] KDM Kerberos Login fails

Martin Laabs info at martinlaabs.de
Sun Apr 15 08:34:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

I use kerberos (mainly) for nfs authentication. This works fine with the
terminal login and also via xdm.
However - when using kdm it seems that kdm doesn't gather a kerberos
ticket. Can anyone tell me how to debug this scenario to get information
about what is going wrong?

My  /usr/local/etc/pam.d/kde contains the following:

auth            sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn try_first_pass
auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass
account         required        pam_unix.so
session         required        pam_permit.so

I have FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE amd64 running and use kde baseapps 4.7.4

Best regards,
  Martin Laabs