[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD KDE SC 4.8 features

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 6 07:44:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Greg Rivers <gcr+kde-freebsd at tharned.org> wrote:
> Will the FreeBSD release of 4.8 include the new KDE PIM software, or is that
> still being held back for additional testing?

Yes, it will be available via deskutils/kdepim4, while the old one
will be moved to deskutils/kdepim44. I have to say that my experience
with the new one is simply bad.

> Will it have a usable Telepathy based chat client to replace the now defunct
> Kopete?

I'm about to update it to 0.3.1 here in area51 and to make it a bit
more public (via website and blog), but it can't be committed yet, as
it needs an updated Telepathy stack which has to be handled by gnome@
(and it is not a quick task). Nonetheless, area51 provides this
updated ports, so you can test it (I've been using it for months).

> I assume the plan is to release 4.8.2 soon after the ports freeze is over?

Yep!
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla