[kde-freebsd] kde / device-notifier treats ufs partition as removable disk?

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 5 08:33:38 UTC 2012

on 26/03/2012 19:28 Max Brazhnikov said the following:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:26:58 +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 15/03/2012 09:31 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>>> I'd rather fix the Device Notifier behavior.
>>
>> The following patch seems to work.
>> The idea is to correctly go from a filesystem Solid device to its StorageDrive
>> device ancestor while ignoring intermediate volume/partition devices.
>> A direct parent of a filesystem device could be a partition which does not
>> support StorageDrive interface and thus nothing intelligent could be deduced
>> about its hot plug properties.
>
> I've never experience this problem, but I see the point.
> Can you please submit it directly upstream?

It seems that Device Notifier in upstream is significantly different from what
we have in 4.7.  I'll have to see if the problem is present in 4.8 and how to
adapt the patch if needed.

--
Andriy Gapon