[kde-freebsd] Solid-Hardware?

Robert McKenzie vk7rb at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 28 05:58:46 UTC 2011

Sirs,

I am just wondering if there is any guide anywhere as to how to set up
user access for cd/dvds and usb memory of various types with kde 4.6.5 as
I have looked high and low and not found any concise answer as to how to
set it up.

The problem I have is that I did have hal working perfectly happily but
now with the changes I cannot access cd/dvds or usb memory devices as I
once could although k3b still works as does xsane with the scanner.

Suffice it to say that I am at a loss with respect to working out just how
to provide the user access I had previously.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated and before I forget I am
running FreeBSD 8 current.

Regards,