[kde-freebsd] mysql client build failure

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 28 03:47:53 UTC 2011

"Philip Boulton" <philipb at ssimicro.com> writes:

> I am not sure what 'using gcc from base' means.

It means "the GCC that comes with FreeBSD" (ie. the one in /usr/bin, not
one you install from the ports tree).

> I have gcc version 3.4.6, and that is what you will get if you issue the gcc
> command on my system.
>
> I also have gcc45 version 4.5 (though built for FreeBSD6.4, whilie I am
> actually running FreeBSD 8.1).

What system are you actually working on? 3.4.6 is really ancient, and if
you're on FreeBSD 8.1 you should have 4.2.1 in /usr/bin.

The issue shown in your log file is also quite new to me and might be
related to your setup.