[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/x11/kde4-workspace/files

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 11 00:55:44 UTC 2011

SVN commit 7639 by avilla:

- Backport patch to improve KWin performance.

"During working for an optimization in 4.8 we noticed that we do deep
non-const vector copies where a const at() operation was expected.
This means that we have in each frame:
4x+5xy unneeded copy operations
(x == number of loaded effects)
(y == number of windows).

These copy operations explain the finding by Owen Taylor that KWin's
performance correlates to the number of open windows. I did not retest
with just the bug fix, but after my optimizations for 4.8 this
behavior is gone."

Obtained from:	https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kde-workspace/repository/revisions/e142a1a142cbc8b87f021223e6abc947f456a7f9

 A             patch-kwin__effects.cpp