[kde-freebsd] KDE SC 4.7.2

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Mon Oct 24 20:11:40 UTC 2011

On October 24, 2011 02:48:26 PM Alberto Villa wrote:
> KMS is an Intel and AMD thing. Intel is being worked on, AMD not yet,
> NVIDIA has no such problems.

Interestingly enough, my Optiplex390 (which has a brand new RADEON
card that requires KMS) where xvinfo tells me "you got nothing" has
full OpenGL effects. Not sure how my processor is pulling *that* off,
but it is.

My home box (which is homebrewed) with a NVIDIA card is better,
simply because NVIDIA uses its own libGL etc.

> By the way, have you guys tried the XRender compositing type?

It was running on my intel GPU box until I borked it up trying to install
the stuff from the xorg-devel repository. It's ok. Not great, but ok.

Cheers,
Dwayne