[kde-freebsd] qt4 ignores custom compiler from /etc/make.conf

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 24 19:01:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Axel Gonzalez <loox at e-shell.net> wrote:

> I'm setting up distcc for speeding compile times, but qt ports doesn't use the
> compiler specified in make.conf .
>
> Any pointers if this is a bug or a feature ?

Not a bug nor a feature. Well, perhaps a feature. Qt 4 requires to be
built by the same compiler, thus, if you installed qt4-corelib with
compiler A, you can't compile qt4-webkit with compiler B, as it will
just use A (check bsd.qt.mk, search for QMAKESPEC). And the check is
done using the name of the binary. Also, a mkspec must exist for the
compiler to be supported, but there's no such thing for distcc. I'm
not sure on how to handle this, as I don't know distcc (yet). Isn't
ccache an option? That works fine because it uses the same names of
the original compilers.

By the way, you'll need to reinstall qmake4 each time you want to
change Qt compiler... I think.

Sorry, I'm not really lucid at the moment (got two teeth extracted!),
but that's a beginning.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla