[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/astro/marble

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at room52.net
Sun Oct 23 01:03:00 UTC 2011

Hi Max,

On 10/22/11 03:25, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 03:11:30 +1100, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
>> On 09/07/11 02:06, Alberto Villa wrote:
>>> SVN commit 7609 by avilla:
>>>
>>> - Mark MAKE_JOBS_SAFE.
>>
>> I just finished upgrading to KDE 4.7.2 but astro/marble kept failing to
>> build during the portmaster update. I found that by disabling
>> MAKE_JOBS_SAFE, the marble build would successfully continue to completion.
>>
>> Here's the last lines of console output I see when I leave
>> MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=yes in the Makefile:
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Try without MAKE_JOBS_SAFE

 From my initial email:

"I found that by disabling MAKE_JOBS_SAFE, the marble build would
successfully continue to completion."

So yes, I've already done this and it does work. The question is why
doesn't it build successfully with MAKE_JOBS_SAFE? Obviously it has been
working for Alberto or he wouldn't have enabled it. I have a 6 core 12
thread Intel CPU so perhaps I'm just pushing the build a bit harder than
Alberto and triggering a race? If that's the case then I guess
MAKE_JOBS_SAFE should be disabled for this port.

Cheers,
Lawrence