[kde-freebsd] Konsole minor wierdness opening new tabs

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 22 18:15:57 UTC 2011

Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk at ncf.ca> writes:

> On October 22, 2011 01:47:36 PM Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> David Southwell <admin at vizion2000.net> writes:
>> > This is of no great consequence but just seems weird.
>> >
>> > Konsole will open new tabs by using  new tab icon (bottom left) but not
>> > from File menu?
>>
>> What do you mean? If you use "File -> New Tab", does Konsole simply
>> ignore that? Or is there no option for that in the menu? Does the
>> keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+T here) work?
>
> File -> New Tab now apparently opens up a sub-menu. You have to click in the
> sub-menu to open a new tab. (Currently, my sub-menu only has one entry,
> "Shell".)

Interesting. This is KDE bug 245478 [1], which was fixed in master (and
will thus be in 4.8.0). But looking at the bug number and the comments
this behavior seems to have been there for quite a few releases.

And it is still unclear to me whether this was what David was talking
about.

[1] https://bugs.kde.org/245478