[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.7.2 Konqueror Errors

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Oct 22 09:24:03 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 October 2011 06:41:25 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> David Southwell <admin at vizion2000.net> writes:
> > Since upgrading to KDE4.7.2  on Freebsd 8.2
> >
> > Konqueror fails with following example errors:
> >
> > There was an error loading the module About-Page for Konqueror.
> > The diagnostics is:
> > The plugin 'konq_aboutpage' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.7.2
> > (4.7.2)).
> >
> > There was an error loading the module KHTML.
> > The diagnostics is:
> > The plugin 'libkhtmlpart' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.7.2
> > (4.7.2))
> >
> > There was an error loading the module Embedded Advanced Text Editor.
> > The diagnostics is:
> > The plugin 'katepart' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.7.2 (4.7.2)).
>
> Can you check if you still have some port at 4.6.5 (kde-baseapps4, for
> example)?

Here is what I found installed:

kdebase-3.5.10_9
kdeaddons-konq-plugins-3.5.10_5
kdelibs-3.5.10_8
x11-wm/kompmgr

I deinstalled each of the above ports, recompiled kde-baseapps-4.7.2.
Konqueror still did not work. I then logged the user out of KDE. Then tried to
log that user back in. Got a white screen. Neither Ctrl Alt Backspace or any
method other than powering down the machine followed by reboot into single
user, fsck -fy would work. On rebooting multi-user and logging in the user
Konqueror works fine. So thank you for the nudge in the right direction.
HOWEVER i need to solve the non-functioning exit problem.

I have (as per handbook):
/usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-input.fdi

with following lines:
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
      <merge key="input.x11_options.XkbOptions"
type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

xorg.conf.new
and /usr/local/etc/x11/xorg.conf
contain, in the ServerLayout section, the line:
Option "DontZap"  "off"

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance