[kde-freebsd] vertical taskbar regression in 4.7

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 19:12:12 UTC 2011

I understand that this is most likely an upstream material, but just want to
double-check with fellow FreeBSD developers first.

Any else see an oddity like this?
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/taskbar-oddity-1.png
I hope that the picture is self-explanatory because of included Task manager
Settings.
This is how it used to look in 4.6 and before, even with lots of windows:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/taskbar.png
(same settings; only a panel with the task bar is shown)

Here is an even more odd arrangement with 4.7 that I've just captured:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/taskbar-oddity-2.png

Please note that upon login the taskbar is shown properly with only one column
and stays that way even if many apps are running, but some time later, on  yet
another virtual desktop switch, it somehow sporadically changes to that
two-column arrangement.  What's even stranger is that if I close most of apps,
so that only one remains running, then it is still show in the same two-column
layout.  There is no way to force the layout back to one column.  And this may
happen on only one virtual desktop, other virtual desktops may still have the
"normal"/expected taskbar layout at the same time.

--
Andriy Gapon