[kde-freebsd] KDE upgrade to 4.7.2 fails

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 20 00:35:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, the wise Olivier Smedts wrote:

> Have you tried (or can you try) "portmaster x11/kdelibs4" or "portmaster
> x11/kde4" ? It should update all the kdelibs dependencies, if needed
> (here, it seems to be textproc/soprano). It will check what should be
> done, and then prompt you with the ports to upgrade/install.
>
> Something like "pkg_delete kde\*" then "cd /usr/ports/x11/kde4" is not a
> good way to upgrade, because it doesn't guarantee that kde's
> dependencies are up-to-date.

After I portmastered x11/kdelibs4 succesfully, I continued with portmaster
-a. But now I have a problem with the gcc compiler:

===>>> Launching child to install lang/gcc44
         kde4-4.6.5 >> misc/kdeedu4 >> science/kalzium >> lang/gcc44

===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/lang/gcc44

         ===>>> This port is marked DEPRECATED
         ===>>> Superseded by GCC 4.5, only kept for the sake of cad/salome

         ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
                DEPRECATED line in the Makefile and try again.

===>>> Update for lang/gcc44 failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for science/kalzium failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for misc/kdeedu4 failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for kde4-4.6.5 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Regards,
Marco

--
Churchill's Commentary on Man:
 	Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,