[kde-freebsd] dependencies

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Thu Oct 13 10:26:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 11:42 +0200, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2011/10/13 Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org>:
> > A long (long) time ago...
> >
> > On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> *when using WITH_DEBUG, deskutils/strigi should depend on devel/cppunit
> >
> > Will look into this. Or did you do it already, rakuco?
> >
> >> *devel/kdevplatform should not depend on multimedia QT_COMPONENTS
> >
> > rakuco applied it.
> >
> >> *x11/kdebase4-runtime and multimedia/kdemultimedia4 should probably only
> >> depend on multimedia/xine if the later was selected as OPTION for x11/kde4
> >
> > Well, yes. Actually, there's no xine option anymore, as phonon-xine is
> > deprecated. I think i'll make it optional, or a separate port, or
> > whatever.
>
> I still use it as my main phonon backend. That's the only one just
> working, correctly. vlc backend is buggy as hell and makes phonon
> crash, and gstreamer backend installs too much cr... dependencies. And
                                                 ^^^^^^
Heh, I hear you :). The issue is that vlc/xine is one package with all
you need. The Gstreamer framework is basic functionality and you install
plugins for support that you need. I admit it is a bit of a hassle, and
maintainers need to make a choice what they want to include.

If you run into any gstreamer stuff that has added baggage that they
don't need, let me know :)

-Koop