[kde-freebsd] kdegames4

ajtiM lumiwa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 11:36:43 UTC 2011

On Sunday 27 November 2011 01:38:28 Chuck Burns wrote:
> On Saturday, November 26, 2011 7:41:58 PM ajtiM wrote:
> > Again me...
> > On FreeBSD 9.0 RC-2 (new install) I installed KDE 4.7.3 and also
> > kdegames4. Whatever game I open it shows just a gray window. The same is
> > with Marble. Installation was succesful but there are so many problems.
> >
> > I did reinstall kdegames4 and marble but it is the same.
>
> > Marble also crashed on close all the time:
> sysctl kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=1
>
> Will fix your problem.. but dunno what else it will cause.
>
> Chuck

Thank you very much. It works :).

I am pleased with FreeBSD 9.0 and  very thankful to mainteiners of KDE 4 which
in global works (games were "problem" because grandchildren were here :) ).
What bother me is (which I didn't have before) and I found yesterday when I
installed krecipes and than "make deinstalled" I got:
/usr/local/kde4/share is not in the search path of XDG_DATA_STORAGE and
XDG_DATA_DIRS.
and I think there were local search ~/home and /root

The same I got when I reinstalled kdegames4.
And the other is which looks like is a bug but I didn't have problem before
created /.config (in the root file system).

Thank you very much.

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa