[kde-freebsd] digikam

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 8 19:33:59 UTC 2011

Wolfgang Riegler <wolfgang at riegler.homeip.net> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to use an up to date version of digikam (2.3). There is only
> version 1.9 in ports. Will it be updated?

Yes; I just can't say exactly _when_. Right now we're kind of busy
updating KDE to 4.7.3; after that we can work on the other ports. That
is, unless you do it faster and come up with a patch for us ;)

> Is there a problem compiling and installing digikam from source?

Not that I know of, you just have to configure your environment
correctly (ie. if you're not installing into /usr/local/kde4, you need
to set at least $KDEDIRS the right way).