[kde-freebsd] Re: Akonadi not working with 4.6.1

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Mon Mar 28 17:57:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:34:36 +0200, Hannes wrote:

> Hi
everyone,

> I have just upgraded to KDE 4.6.1 and also
KDEPIM-unstable (all ports
> where cleared and all of kde, qt etc built
from ports).

> Akonadi had problems with mysql, so i moved all old
Akonadi-Configs out
> of the way (.config/akonadi and
.local/share/akonadi), it still won't
> start. I attached output of
"akonadictl start"

> I can submit akonadiserver.core aswell, but it
is pretty useless, since
> I don't have debugging. Is it enough to
rebuild akonadi with debugging
> symbols?
>
> Thanks for your help and
porting in general!

> Regards,
> Hannes

I was finally able to get
this working by updating /usr/local/etc/my.cnf and adding this:

[embedded]
datadir =
/home/rnejdl/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/mysqle
default-storage-engine =
MyISAM
loose-innodb = 0
skip-grant-tables = 1
myisam-recover =
FORCE
key_buffer_size = 16777216
character-set-server =
utf8
collation-server = utf8_bin

It's not pretty and if anyone has a
better more user agnostic approach, I would appreciate it but it got it
all working for me finally.

Sincerely,
Rusty
Nejdl